Menu Close

September is National Recovery Month

According to SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration), “Recovery Month promotes the societal benefits of prevention, treatment, and recovery for mental and substance use disorders, celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment and service providers, and promotes the message that recovery in all its forms is possible.”

Here are just a few projects Watkins Architects has completed dedicated to recovery:

Council on Chemical Abuse Transitional Housing

Watkins architect, architecture, hospital architecture, school architecture, architecture renovation, architecture design, architecture firm, Eco-friendly architecture, energy efficient architectureEasy Does It

Easy Does It is a non-profit charitable organization located in Leesport, PA which dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families recovering from the side effects of addiction. Watkins Architect provided architectural services to the charitable center in designing the new 22,000 square foot addition and renovations to their facility. The two-story addition includes bedrooms, offices, lounges, computer labs, classrooms, bath and shower rooms and community rooms.

 

Watkins architect, architecture, hospital architecture, school architecture, architecture renovation, architecture design, architecture firm, Eco-friendly architecture, energy efficient architectureReading Hospital Drug and Alcohol Center

We provided the renovations of an existing doctor’s office into an in-patient drug and alcohol treatment facility located in West Reading, PA. The scope included a total gut to the main level and minor renovations to the lower level. Renovations comprised within the design were 10 sleep rooms, a counselor’s station, doctor’s office, private therapy rooms, serenity room, administrative areas and more. Special provisions were provided to ensure patient privacy and security.

 

Watkins architect, architecture, hospital architecture, school architecture, architecture renovation, architecture design, architecture firm, Eco-friendly architecture, energy efficient architectureHaven House

Watkins Architect provided services to the outpatient and psychiatric rehabilitation services clinic located in downtown Allentown. Services included the planning, design and construction observation for the renovation of an existing building. The scope of the project was comprised of a total gut and renovation to 75% of the building and minor cosmetic upgrades to the remaining 25% of the facility. We plan to provide our services in the future to Haven House in finishing the renovations of the remaining 25% of the facility, replacing the roof, creating an outdoor space for clients and upgrading the parking lot.

 

Reading Hospital Spruce Pavilion

We provided our design services to the Spruce Pavilion, an in-patient mental health facility apart of the Reading Hospital and Medical Center systems. New finishes were selected for the floors and paint was selected to complement existing adjacent finishes and furniture.

Watkins Architect is a local architectural firm that can handle everything from designing your project to managing it. Watkins Architect handles all types of architecture projects from residential, commercial and industrial to religion, townships and educational. Browse through our portfolio to find out what architecture projects we have completed.