Are you looking to have your medical practice redesigned? Do you want to build a new office building? Before you jump right into the designing and building process, you first need to be prepared. Sit down and determine your practice’s goals. What is the vision you have for the practice? Write down the specific requests you would like your medical practice to include and if there are any specific requirements.
Once you have a clear vision of what you are looking for, it is time to find an architect! Unless you have worked with an architect in the past that you intend to use again, it is smart to meet with a few different ones. Find the one who is going to bring your vision to life and who you feel comfortable working with.
When meeting with the different architects, be sure to ask these important questions.
- How much experience do you have in designing medical practices? Can we see some photos of ones you designed?
- What is your level of involvement during the building process?
- What type of timetable is there for the designing process?
- Are there MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) stamped drawings required for our project?
- What are the requirements when selecting products?
- Will you assist with finding the construction company and reviewing their quotes?
Knowing what services the architect provides, and what level of involvement they will have during the process is important. This will help you determine which architect you want to work with.
If you are looking for an architect who will be there for you every step of the way, Watkins Architect is the perfect architectural firm for you! We have experience in medical practices and have completed many design projects for The Reading Hospital, now Tower Health, along with individual medical practices as well. Take a moment to review some of the projects we have designed in the past. Give us a call if you are interested in scheduling a meeting to discuss the possibility of us working together.